Everybody's jumping on the mobile learning bandwagon these days! Or are they? Actually, the more important question is this: Should they be? Should YOU?
You may be thinking that your learners need mobile for a whole host of reasons:
- They're young Millennials who are always on their phones!
- Mobile is just cool and makes us seem like we're forward-thinking and futuristic
- Our learners don't have regular computer access, but we can get iPads in their hands
- The job role requires a lot of travel, and we want learners to take advantage of down time while they're on the road
While some of these may be valid reasons, be cautious about jumping onto one trend and letting it dictate your whole learning strategy. After all, mobile learning CAN be a great, useful, engaging, and effective experience. But it can also be distracting, ineffective, or even go unusued if not done properly. Furthermore, we're all dealing with fixed training budgets, and a mobile version of your existing e-learning isn't a freebie. Might your learners be better served if you put your budget elsewhere?
Lots of clients come to us because they want a mobile learning solution. Often, we build those. Other times, we assess their needs and goals and suggest something else. To help you cut through all the training industry buzz, we put together a free download to walk you through the decision process. You'll consider topics like:
- What's driving the need for mobile?
- Is your content suited to a mobile environment?
- What about tracking?
- What other development factors are important to consider?
Even if you know mobile is the way to go, thinking through all these factors will help you to be better prepared for development, and even for pitching the idea to your boss.